Heavenly Liturgy

/Tag:Heavenly Liturgy

Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope St. John Paul II

"This is an aspect of the Eucharist which merits greater attention: in celebrating the sacrifice of the Lamb, we are united to the heavenly 'liturgy' and become part of that great multitude which cries out: 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb!' ÿ(Rev 7:10).ÿ The Eucharist is truly [...]

September 8th, 2018|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope St. John Paul II

Daily Eucharist Quote – Catechism of the Catholic Church

"Finally, by the Eucharistic celebration we already unite ourselves with the heavenly liturgy and anticipate eternal life, when God will be all in all." Source: Catechism of the Catholic Church #1326

September 4th, 2018|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Catechism of the Catholic Church

Daily Eucharist Quote – Catechism of the Catholic Church

"Having passed from this world to the Father, Christ gives us in the Eucharist the pledge of glory with him. Participation in the Holy Sacrifice identifies us with his Heart, sustains our strength along the pilgrimage of this life, makes us long for eternal life, and unites us even now to the Church in heaven, [...]

January 24th, 2018|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Catechism of the Catholic Church

Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope Benedict XVI

"Receiving the Eucharist means adoring him whom we receive. Only in this way do we become one with him, and are given, as it were, a foretaste of the beauty of the heavenly liturgy." Source: Pope Benedict XVI, SACRAMENTUM CARITATIS (Sacrament of Charity), 2/22/2007

April 6th, 2017|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope Benedict XVI

Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope Benedict XVI

"Every eucharistic celebration sacramentally accomplishes the eschatological gathering of the People of God. For us, the eucharistic banquet is a real foretaste of the final banquet foretold by the prophets (cf. Is 25:6-9) and described in the New Testament as 'the marriage-feast of the Lamb' (Rev 19:7-9), to be celebrated in the joy of the [...]

October 3rd, 2016|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , , , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope Benedict XVI

Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope St. John Paul II

"This is an aspect of the Eucharist which merits greater attention: in celebrating the sacrifice of the Lamb, we are united to the heavenly 'liturgy' and become part of that great multitude which cries out: 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb!'  (Rev 7:10).  The Eucharist is truly [...]

March 27th, 2016|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Pope St. John Paul II

Daily Eucharist Quote – Catechism of the Catholic Church

"Finally, by the Eucharistic celebration we already unite ourselves with the heavenly liturgy and anticipate eternal life, when God will be all in all." Source:  Catechism of the Catholic Church #1326

March 23rd, 2016|Categories: Daily Quote: Eucharist|Tags: , , |Comments Off on Daily Eucharist Quote – Catechism of the Catholic Church